DisplayPort Cables and Adaptors
DisplayPort is the new digital display interface standard. It has been recently approved (5/2006) by VESA and will be hitting the markets this year. The DisplayPort is considered to be quite an upgrade from traditional VGA ports and is on par with HDMI. The reason for the upgrade is to increase both video and audio performance and allow an easy connection from the computer directly to an entertainment centre hookup.
- Mainly used for HDTV, DVD player, STB, PC monitor etc, digital audio, video appliance
- The DisplayPort is about the size of a USB connector, it supports from 1 to 4 data pairs including video, audio, clock signal, etc at a transfer rate from 1.62 to 2.7 Gbs per second. Maximum transfer rate is up to 10.8Gps, with HDCP's support, it can meet requirement of BD and HD
- DVD etc high definition appliance, it supports hot plug and play
- Maximum resolution of 1080p at 24bpp and the ability for full transmission of its signals even over a cable length of 3 metres
- The new DisplayPort standard is license free, making it much more attractive for large computer and technology manufacturers to use.